Saturday, February 14, 2009

Kiss and Tell

Complex clues in a kiss - BBC

"When you share a kiss with your lover on Valentine's Day, you may be revealing a lot more than you realise.

Locking lips not only stimulates our senses, it also gives us subtle clues about our suitability as mates, US scientists have found.

A man's saliva has a "cocktail of chemicals" hinting at his fertility and evolutionary fitness, they said at a conference in Chicago.

That may be why the first kiss is often the last - "the kiss of death"

 - BBC (Check out the rest of the article here)


First of all, how can they possibly be having trouble finding people to take part in this study?!? I mean seriously, what kind of a college are they conducting this at?!

Secondly, this reminds me of this one time a few months before I met my husband, I kissed this really good looking German guy I met at a bar in Russia. I was so turned off by the kiss that I just walked a way from him without any explanation. I always thought it was strange and felt kind of bad about it, but maybe his "saliva cocktail" was just repulsive to my senses;) or maybe I'd had too much russian vodka - or not enough. Anyhow, I'm glad that never worked out.

No comments: