Wednesday, December 17, 2008

City Life

So, I went by the American Center today - it's this great little place that lets print and copy as much as you want for free! You can also access jstor and a few other e-journals all for free. It's put on by the U.S. Embassy to help teach about American culture or something. Anyhow, I was doing my work when this women came in with some other man - both of whom looked somewhat official. Then some news reporters came in and interviewed the woman right behind me. I talked to her afterwards - it was Kristin Silverberg - the U.S. Ambassador to the EU (well, at least for a few more weeks - she works for G.W.) She came in the back after the reporters had left to re-do her makeup and apologized to me - I'm still not sure why. Anyhow, for a poli-sci kid like myself I must say it was pretty rad.

I hope, hope, hope Obama comes to Prague when I'm not in labor! The Czech Republic will be holding the EU Presidency from January - June so there is a high chance that he will come! There's an even higher chance that Hilary Clinton will come because of the radar base they are putting in the CZ. I'm so glad I'm living here right now! 

In other news - two and half days left until we fly to California! I have such a long "To Do List" I'm not sure how we'll get everything done and I'm so extremely sad about leaving Mia here. I'm really surprised by how depressed I am that I have to leave her for 2 1/2 weeks. But, she's just a puppy! What if she doesn't remember us? What if she's maltreated or ignored and has psychological damage for the rest of her doggy life? 

Some friends and  a friend's family will be taking turns staying at our flat and taking care of Mia - it's a pretty sweet deal and we are really thankful for it, but I'm still nervous and sad. Does this mean I'm going to be one of those over-protective mothers when I have a human child? I hope not!! 

Here are some pictures from Nick's classmates and teachers' Christmas party. Nick played guitar in a jazz band with two of his classmates - they were great! As you can see we brought Mia - of course everyone loved her and she loved being there! However, she peed right in front of Nick's Professor from America! It was so embarassing! You may also notice my bright green dress - it's actually a swimsuit cover! My belly is too small for maternity clothes, but too big for my clothes so I've been very creative with my wardrobe lately - maybe a little too creative...



No comments: